Renee's New Brush

Renee's New Brush



"It is completely unimportant. That is why it is so interesting."
Agatha Christie

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sky Fruit Day Two


Hello! Is it a bad sign when people offer to buy the muse? I am making progress on my triptych (set of 3) of citrus fruit. I still have a way to go. I am liking the largest lime, though the leaves need work and highlights, and the smaller limes continue to hurt my feelings. I do like the lemon, but I am unsure if I should add more low lights toward the bottom to make the high lights at the top appear brighter. The orange is coming along nicely, but as you can see, I have not added any highlights at all yet which gives it a very matte finish. This experiment has been very fun and helpful. As I move back and forth between the fruits, the image of a bell ringer in an old talent show comes to mind, fast and a bit crazy. The sides of all three are now painted blue, and the stem of each one continues across the side. My jerry-rigged support system is holding perfectly. Okay, back to the studio.
Penelope

1 comment: