Renee's New Brush

Renee's New Brush



"It is completely unimportant. That is why it is so interesting."
Agatha Christie

Monday, March 29, 2010

Sky Fruit








Hello, I finished the fruit triptych. I am happy with all three of them. The pictures do not do the paintings justice and I will probably post more accurate ones later. I am in a bit of a hurry as I have a pretty extensive remodel starting tomorrow, and I have a lot of work to do before that happens. These three 5 x 7 inch pieces are currently being shown at Bella, in Kent Station, Kent WA. It is a beautiful environment as the owner Marci, has wonderful taste with a European sensibility.
One of my discoveries during this process, is that the really textured canvas that plagues me so much when painting fine detail in birds, really lends itself to the texture of citrus fruits. Who knew? Thanks for looking!
Penelope


No comments:

Post a Comment