Renee's New Brush

Renee's New Brush



"It is completely unimportant. That is why it is so interesting."
Agatha Christie

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Preliminary drawing


Hello! I have decided to take a break from a painting that I drag out from time to time that makes me absolutely crazy and go back to the drawing board. Literally. My best paintings always start with a good drawing. I can work out the values, placement, size etc. without committing to canvas. I moved this Chickadee pair around the page in very small increments until I got the connection that I wanted. I have not worked out what background would be best so I will continue to think and ponder, and wonder, then think some more, until my feelings shove all of that left brain stuff out of the way and the background appears. Even though the hammering, clanging, and screeching of the renovation continues, I will begin the painting tomorrow ( hopefully).
Penelope

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable, so gentle and charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are in love........your best work.....until tomorrow! I agree with Sabrina...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete