Renee's New Brush

Renee's New Brush



"It is completely unimportant. That is why it is so interesting."
Agatha Christie

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Golden in Progress


Hello. This is the painting I am currently working on. I have to say, painting during an extensive restoration of the rooms adjacent to my studio, is a real challenge. Some of my larger bird paintings have even flown off of the wall during some of the more extreme pounding. Kind of poetic for a bird painting. The only thing that could have made it worse was to have my eyes dilated at the same time. So, picture it, an artist at her easel, giant yellow ear phones on, inches from the canvas due to dilated eyes, and paintings falling off the wall. Needless to say, painting is going a bit slowly. I do like this current painting of an American Goldfinch on a Rhododendron species flower. I have a long way to go, but considering the craziness, I am happy today.
Penelope

1 comment:

  1. This is exceptional art! I am partial to blues and purples.... oh, and let me add, greens, yellows, browns...Earth and Sky.
    Your work is pleasing to look at! I proudly display a piece of your talent in my home! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete