Renee's New Brush

Renee's New Brush



"It is completely unimportant. That is why it is so interesting."
Agatha Christie

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Little More Yellow


A Little More Yellow
Acrylic on gessoboard, 4 x 4 inches.
This painting is currently in the Parklane Gallery International Miniature Show in Kirkland WA. View all of my miniatures in the show at www.parklanegallery.com/miniatures2010/ My work is on page 37.

Hello. "A Little More Yellow" is one of the miniatures that I will be entering in the Parklane Miniature Show in Kirkland, WA. Please ignore the shadow in the picture caused by the frame. The competition is a bit daunting as it is an international show and much of the art is amazing, while the rest of the show is just really really good. I don't paint miniatures too often, but I really enjoy doing it. Painting on such a small canvas, or board, can be quite the challenge, especially with brushes the size of a hummingbird's eyelash. It takes a bit of getting used to, but apart from the usual hair-pulling angst and plaintive cries of "Why Me?" it is actually kind of relaxing. The show is in the Summer and I will be posting more of my entries in the future. Oh, I did finish and send in my entry into the Kent Show. Ta Da!

Penelope

No comments:

Post a Comment