Renee's New Brush

Renee's New Brush



"It is completely unimportant. That is why it is so interesting."
Agatha Christie

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pear

Pear
Acrylic 5 x 7 inches. $95.
This is "Pear". It is the last of my fruit paintings for a while. I am still working on my entry into the Kent show. I am finding it hard to maintain my focus on the entry details, in part because many of my backyard birds have found their way back. There are lots of Pine Siskin finches at my thistle feeder, the gorgeous Stellar's jays , with their black crests and deep blue bodies, (why haven't I painted this bird?) are eating the winter berries, Juncos and Chickadees too, Oh my! So, when I should be focused on how many ppi's my CD image must be stored at and that the image can only be 9.5" on the longest side, I find myself noticing that the native Red Flowering Current in the corner of my yard is beginning to "leaf out" which heralds the return of the Rufous hummingbird back from the South. I imagine painting a currant shrub, lush with pink flowers and surrounded by flitting hummingbirds, when I should be deciding whether to include the Optional Artist's Resume in my entry. And now I am thinking maybe I should include "Open Window" in my entry with its Rufous hummingbird and single currant flower. Okay, enough. Back to the studio.
Penelope

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Your blog is as much fun reading, as your paintings are viewing! What talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ya, exquisite detail when clicked on for larger image!

    ReplyDelete