Renee's New Brush

Renee's New Brush



"It is completely unimportant. That is why it is so interesting."
Agatha Christie

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Chickadee On Berry Branch

Chickadee On Berry Branch

8" x 10" Acrylic. SOLD


Who doesn't love a chickadee! Chickadees are very social and often called the "clowns" of the back yard birds. There is something about the look in their eyes that I find irresistible. In this painting, the way the blue sky background makes the red berries really sing was a surprise to me. Normally, I use colors that are opposite on the color wheel, to set off the focal point, as in Cardinal on Branch, where I used a green background to enhance the reds of the bird. I was surprised and happy to see how effective the blue background was. I know that cool colors recede and warm colors advance, but I didn't see just how much until Chickadee On Berry Branch. Thanks for looking!


Penelope

1 comment:

  1. I can't keep my eyes off the Chickadee! It makes me smile! The blues are attractive with the red contrast! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete