Renee's New Brush

Renee's New Brush



"It is completely unimportant. That is why it is so interesting."
Agatha Christie

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Many Happy Returns

Many Happy Returns





11" x 14", Acrylic on canvas. $145.







Hello, "Many Happy Returns" is about the terrific birdhouse that I found that was made by a young artist in Sequim putting himself through school. Chickadees love this house and return to it every year. The branch that the artist encircled the house with has always been a favorite perch and lookout for the chickadees. I have used quite a bit of artistic license here as the birdhouse is actually made of an aged unpainted barn wood. Some day I will paint it as it is, but for now, I paint it in the colors I feel, rather than the colors I see.


Penelope

1 comment:

  1. There is quite a lot of simplicity with a lot of detail. Very unique! The shadow, the color, the precision of your steady hand.....
    This is very nice!

    ReplyDelete