Renee's New Brush

Renee's New Brush



"It is completely unimportant. That is why it is so interesting."
Agatha Christie

Monday, January 4, 2010

Shakers

Shakers
4" x 4" x 1/8". Acrylic on gessoboard. This painting has been accepted to the Parklane Gallery International Miniature Show in Kirkland, WA. To see all six paintings that have been accepted in the show, please go to www.parklanegallery.com/miniatures2010/ My work is on page 37.

These salt and pepper shakers were made in the 40's by "Hull", the same maker as the "Cookie Jar" painting shown below. I painted my first miniature for The Kaewyn Gallery in Bothell, WA. I was really surprised to discover how much I like painting miniatures. Usually after I paint a mini, I will paint a larger one of the same subject to loosen up my hand. I have not shown the "Hull" pieces yet, but I hope to this year.

Penelope

1 comment:

  1. WOW! My hands cramp just thinking of painting a miniature! That's a lot of detail!

    ReplyDelete