Renee's New Brush

Renee's New Brush



"It is completely unimportant. That is why it is so interesting."
Agatha Christie

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Favorite Branch

Favorite Branch SOLD
4" x 4" framed Acrylic on gessoboard. This painting is currently in the Parklane Gallery International Miniature Show in Kirkland WA. To see all of my work in the show, go to www.parklanegallery.com/miniatures2010/ Then choose page 37.
Hello again! Favorite Branch is the painting that was exhibited in the White River Valley Museum in Auburn, WA. in December 2009. It is the result of the "Small Studio Pose" painting posted yesterday. Ha! The Cardinal is the only bird I paint that is not native to the Pacific Northwest. I can not resist the colors. We have the wonderful Steller's Jay. I don't know why I haven't painted it yet. It has the same festive crest that I love and is beautiful shades of blue, black and deep violet. Although it seems that I only paint minis, I actually paint many sizes. I will post one tomorrow. Thanks for looking!
Penelope.

1 comment:

  1. This Cardinal looks strong, bold and full of confidence. The light blue against the red is striking! Well painted!

    ReplyDelete