Renee's New Brush

Renee's New Brush



"It is completely unimportant. That is why it is so interesting."
Agatha Christie

Monday, January 25, 2010

Cookies Inside

"Cookies Inside"


8" x 10" Acrylic on canvas. $125.


Hello. Cookies Inside is the larger version of the mini I posted Jan 3. It is a painting of my ceramic cookie jar that was manufactured by Hull around 1940. I have a lot of these jars, and the shakers that match them. They always make me smile to look at them. I really liked using all three primaries and the challenge of having the cool greens come forward while the warm yellows and reds receded a bit. The warm colors do not always play nicely, as they usually demand center stage, but I was pleased to see the green out front. I plan to start the 8 x 10 version of the matching shakers when I am done with the fishing decoy I am working on. Thanks for looking.


Penelope

No comments:

Post a Comment