Renee's New Brush

Renee's New Brush



"It is completely unimportant. That is why it is so interesting."
Agatha Christie

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Elephant Vase

Elephant Vase

8" x 10" Acrylic. $125.


Hello. Elephant Vase is another painting of my vintage bronze vase. I posted a miniature earlier under "Small Asian Vase." The vase and the painting are not as blue as it looks on the post. Capturing a metal patina is so difficult. When I went back to look at the 4" x 4", I realized that I am not happy with the patina or the shape. I was so pleased with the Elephant ears that I didn't finish the vase in a way I am happy with. One of the values of blogging, is that you can see your work in a completely different format. The colors may not be accurate, but the values, shapes, composition, etc. are. Also, as I recently mentioned, I can enlarge pictures of my work to a very large size and really take a look. Although in some ways, it may not be fair to the artist, as paintings are meant to be viewed from six feet away, and it can turn up some surprising results, especially on a miniature painting, I am finding the enlargements really helpful. I do enter my work in various juried art shows, most of which, require a photo of each work submitted either by CD or online. It helps me to see what the judges see. I know I can enlarge my own pictures, but there is something about this that I like. Thanks for looking!


Penelope




No comments:

Post a Comment